Saturday, August 18, 2007

Puzzle Pieces


As I walked into the church last night, I was actually feeling okay. After all, I was early--there to set up and of course get the popcorn bagged and ready to go. I was greeted by my friend Barb and her husband Jim. You could not ask for two more loving people. What's really interesting about them is that their daughter, Julie now a FBU alumni, was one of my students. In fact I was her advisor. Isn't it weird how the LORD ties everything together--like pieces of a puzzle? We can't see their relationship until they're put together.

And it got me to thinking just how the LORD is orchestrating my life right now. Although I may not see how the individual moments fit together, the LORD does. My job is simply to trust Him and be obedient to His call. So even if I don't fully understand this season of my church life, the LORD does. He has a plan and knows exactly how to place the pieces together. If I'm in tune with Him those pieces will fit together easily; they won't have to be forced. It's only when I'm outside His will that the pieces don't fit.

Honestly, I've never been very good with puzzles, but my sweet Jesus is. Praise Him for that! So there’s no need for me to panic when I can’t figure out where an individual piece goes. Rather, it's time for me to move over and let His hand guide the process.

3 comments:

mandy said...

yes!
praise Him that He is the master of puzzles.

Anonymous said...

absolutely---
and like when doing a puzzle, just a small turn or tweak of the piece and bing, it fits right in--
PEACE

Dianne said...

That's an great comparison! I came over tonight to check out your blog and see that I've missed a LOT this week. I can see yours is one I am going to have to check daily if I'm going to stay caught up with you! I'm glad you talked to your pastor and are feeling better about things. Keep us posted!