Tuesday, September 25, 2007

100 posts and counting. . . .

I'm back home!!! And while I'm saddened that I don't have my mom sitting in the same room with me, I am very glad to be among all things familiar. There really is nothing so sweet as coming home.

This is my 100th post! I can hardly believe it! Is there something special I'm supposed to do for a 100th post? If so, I don't know what it is. I guess I'll just claim the "blond" thing on this one (tee hee). Frankly, I'm still trying to get this "blogging" thing down.

I just started blogging in June of this year in obedience to a call from God. Honestly, before that I vaguely even knew what a blog was, let alone ever considered writing one. Those of you who know me in real life, know this has to be true. I'm a pretty private person. Putting my life out on the world wide web was not something I aspired to do. Yet, if nothing else I've learned over the years, it's best to obey the LORD. Doing otherwise has negative consequence (in more ways than one).

What's transpired during the past 4 months has been amazing!!! I've met some of the most talented, funny, caring, Christ-loving women that I wouldn't have met otherwise and have been totally blown away by their comments and blogs. I've laughed with them, cried with them and praised with them.

Hum, it almost sounds Biblical doesn't it? And of course it is. God has called us to be the body of Christ. And while that can and does happen on the local, church level, I don't think it should be limited to that. As we've developed new technologies, God has found new ways to move and connect us.

We hear so much about the negative aspects of the Internet. All you have to do is turn on the tv. and there's bound to be some story warning us of the "dangers" that lurk around every cyber corner. While I don't disagree that Internet has been used for evil purposes, what I'd like to do today here on my 100th post is CELEBRATE--celebrate the good, the community that's been created without us even realizing it.

So here's to my Siestas (and you know who you are)!! Thank you--for all you are and for all that you do both here and in real life. I can't wait to meet you face-to-face, and as my southern siestas would say, "and hug your neck!" Can you say, "San Antonio?" Until then, I'll be here blogging away.

All this and God too! Who could ask for anything more? Yes, life in bloggityville is good, very good.

10 comments:

ibelieveinhugs said...

I'm so glad you're home! And I ask again, how is it possible to miss someone I've never met?!? And miss her A LOT, too!

I am really grateful that God prompted you to start this blog and that you responded. I get that this has been challenging. I really do. I also know that God had this blog play a significant role in bringing us together. How can I thank you and Him enough?

Happy 100th post, cherished friend!

~ With Bunches of Hugs from IBIH ~

Fran said...

Yes maam Bloggityville is beautiful and I'm so glad to have found you! Congrats on the 100th post and there will be many hugs in SA Texas next year. God is sooooo good.

Love and blessings....

Nancy Mon said...

See you in San Antonio. Congrats on your 100th post and I am glad you are home safely.

I have enjoyed reading your blog.

Jackie said...

hey sweet siesta...just checking in to say Hi and I love ya!!

jennyhope said...

I have missed you!! Love my siesta blogging relationship!!

Patty said...

I can say San Antonio and as one of your southern friends, I can say I can't wait to hug your neck! :O) Happy 100th post.

Love,
Patty

Unknown said...

And I get to be your roomie! Oh yeah, San Antonio is going to rock!
Congrats on your 100th post! Such a crazy blogging family we have!

XOXO

connorcolesmom said...

Oh yes mamam we are going to have a blast in SA!
And God has definitely used the blog world for His glory!
I can't wait to thow my arms around you!!
Love ya,
Kim

Erin Ward said...

Congrats on your 100th post! I think for my 100th, I'm going to post 100 random things about me. I better start thinking of them now! :)
I also wanted to tell you that I LOVE the picture at the top of your blog. love love love it.

Erin Ward said...

no no no. you had ME cracking up.
"Sorry I'm a minute late, the ditch ATE my phone?"
haha! College life is pretty good. I like it, but it's still kinda the same. It's just more school. And I'm not one to like being around people I don't know. I still live at home too, so it's not a big change in that I'm "on my own" and stuff. (which I think is good. I like the support of still being at home.) But it's good so far!