Every Day I Pray
I came across the following prayer from "Every Day I Pray" by Iyanla Vanzant. It's really speaks to my current season of life. And although this prayer is certainly not uniquely "Christian" I'm praying it in the name and power of Jesus Christ. So in an attempt to be authentic, I thought I'd share it with you.
P.S. For all my Siestas yes, I have completed "Breaking Free" (three times).
Much love,
~Cheryl
******************************************************************
Dear God:
Please help me live in this right-now moment. Show me how to stop running from the past and hiding from the future.
Help me to be present with the goodness, the joy, the beauty, the peace that is available to me right here, right now.
Let me know that I no longer need to beat myself up for the things I did not do or did not complete.
When I start judging myself for how dumb I've been, all the stupid mistakes I've made and the behavior patterns that have cause so much pain in my life stop me!
When I am reminding myself that I'm not good enough, smart enough or ready to move forward, please change my mind!
When I am giving myself excuses and using delaying tactics that keep me from taking the next step, move me forward, in spite of myself.
Help me to sop running, waiting and hiding.
Help me to remember that everything I need is present right where I am in this moment.
Help me to let go of the things that are dragging me down and pushing me back.
Help me to see beyond the obstacles and challenges that I imagine to be blocking my way.
Help me to relax, to surrender, to step into the peace that is here right now!
Let me feel the peace of your presence and the power of your love, right now.
Help me move into this moment without any fear of what it holds or anxiety about what lies beyond.
God, I need you right now!
I know that every word I have spoken has reached a special place in your heart.
For this I am so grateful.
And So It Is!

3 comments:
What a great Prayer!
I need to copy this. These are the kind of days I battle on a regular basis. We probably all do if we're honest.
Breaking Free 3 times? You go Girl!
I have a very good friend who insist that study is one every woman especially should do...at least once!
Blessings and Hugs,
tammy
ihave the Breaking Free prayer book I need to get that bad boy out! 3 times...wow! This was a great prayer! This part spoke to me:
Let me know that I no longer need to beat myself up for the things I did not do or did not complete.
When I start judging myself for how dumb I've been, all the stupid mistakes I've made and the behavior patterns that have cause so much pain in my life stop me!
When I am reminding myself that I'm not good enough, smart enough or ready to move forward, please change my mind!
Thank You for sharing this! I think I'm going to have to copy that down in word and go back over it!
I LOVE this prayer. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment