Wednesday, September 12, 2007

An all too familiar feeling. . . .

It's late and very, very quiet here. About the only sound is my tapping on the laptops keys in the dim light of the computer. And somehow how, although it' been awhile I feel a little Dejavu, like I'm back in my childhood days.

You see I'm in Southern Illinois sharing a hotel room with my parents. My uncle's funeral is tomorrow, no make that today. I just looked at the clock. As I sit here in the quite of the night, I'm transported back to the days when I was 12 years old and on vacation with my folks. . . sneaking a flashlight under the covers to read. An all too familiar feeling.

I should be asleep, but I've been waiting and praying. My aunt called late last night and wants me to speak at the funeral. Now while I'm used to speaking in public, I don't dare approach this without substantial time with the LORD.

So, I'm waiting LORD and listening. Guide my thoughts and words as I prepare for tomorrow. And please LORD keep my parents asleep, okay? I don't want to get caught with the flashlight under the covers, so to speak.

Sneaking some "quiet" time with the LORD and hoping NOT to get caught (tee hee),

~Cheryl :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

In just a few lines, you manage to touch my heart and make me laugh. I have been praying about your speaking at the funeral. Rest assured that I'll be praying still more ... I have every confidence that God will speak beautifully both through your words and through who you are. I'm sending you love and hugs, dear friend!

Anonymous said...

Im there with you too Cheryl--
knowing you are elequant and articulate and wonderful---Uncle knows that too--
God Bless and God rest your Uncle--and send peace strength and understanding to your family-
Take it easy--
But take them for a wonderful ride through your words as you do me--
Love you sister-
PEACE
paye
XXOO

Jackie said...

Let Him guide your words- you have such an eloquent way with them anyways, I know you will speak blessings to all that attend. You and your family are in my prayers. Take care sweet siesta!

Unknown said...

I'm not sure what time you will be speaking, but may the Holy Spirit guide you as you bring His words!

Jan said...

Bless your heart:)
For whatever reason, I am the designated speaker at funerals in our family (go figure) I will lift you up, Siesta, and ask God to grant you His perfect peace. And He will--He always does--
Love,
Jan

thouartloosed said...

Cheryl,
Praying the Holy Spirit will speak right to you and through you.

God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day. Psalm 46:5
Kathy

Fran said...

Cheryl...
I know God used you to bless others, to help heal others, to express love to others, and show others Jesus Christ. I thank Him for you and your wisdom and your love of Him. I will pray for your family in these days ahead.

Hugs...

Little Steps Of Faith said...

God will make the words clear. Remember that, He's got it down already:)

Be Blessed:)

Angie

P.S- I know this is hard for you.