It's a Hard Day's Night

Sometimes being a mom is hard. No, I take that back. Sometimes being a mom is harder than usual. It's hard all the time. Come on girls can I get an amen? Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I don't love being a mom and that I've been blessed with three healthy kids, it's just that at times it can be a challenge.
I'm finding now to be one of those times. With three (yes, count them) teens, it's like an old episode of "Saved by the Bell" here. There are times where I wish for the "good old days" when they were little. And then I read blogs like Jennyhope's and I change my mind. Hey, I gotta get my beauty sleep now; those wrinkles are getting any lighter, are they?
Why am I pondering all this right now? Well, we've hit even another milestone in our household. Our youngest, Andrew who's a sophmore in high school went to his first teen-age girl birthday party.
Now I've suspected something was going on for a while. He's developed the habit of showering twice a day. Sammie has taken to calling him "bathroom boy." Yes, they share a bathroom. Bad planning on my part, I know, but I digress.
So, I guess my baby is growing up. Although I'm not quite sure I'm ready for this, I don't really don't have any choice do I?
As I went to pick Andrew up tonight from the party, he must have hugged four or five girls before he left. Oh my, talk about a "hard" day's night!!! Do I have more challenges to face? From the look of things, you bet your life!!

6 comments:
i give yo my amen and my hand raised to Jesus.
ok. for me i will go back to jenny's days anytime. i was sleepless then but just sleepless. now i'm sleepless and worried. being a mom is the hardest thing i ever did. who would have thunk it.
our teens today are confronted by the devil himself. i'm not telling you anything the news/culture hasn't already pointed out.
we bath them in prayer. raise them in the knowledge of the Lord the best we know how.
i listen to a program by randy carlson called intentional living on christian radio, you might get it there. you may have heard this bebore but here goes. this year he told a mom caller i will never forget.
pray for a hedge of protection around your childen that harm will not come there way, and;
pray that what ever they do that is not pleasing to God that they get no pleasure from doing that thing.
i have felt like know other time in my life, when my children arrived at those crossroad days the battle was raging in the heavenlies for them.
leaning on the everlasting arms for my kids.
~janel
I need to make sure we stay in touch for the next 20 years so you can walk me through those teenage years and reassure me that I will come out of it (AND YOU WILL COME OUT OF IT-ALIVE!!) :)
I am stuck in the no-sleeping (like Jenny), tantrum throwing (sometimes food throwing) 2 year old years...and some days I don't think she'll (I mean, I'll) survive them!!
I love reading about your kiddos...I am not sure I am gonna be able to wait until Aug. to meet all you INCREDIBLE ladies- I love you all so!!! love ya girl...
ouch, my editing was terrible on that post. sorry prof. :)
Cheryl,
Somethings up big time with two showers a day! I know what you mean-it's hard to go forward but we couldn't go back...
God bless your sweet boy.
Kathy
Ps You took a great photo of him.
Yes...we are gonna need you around to help us through in the next few years....my oldest is 11 and I can see stuff already changing....my little guy is not so little anymore. Its just freaky sometimes!
You are such a great momma and we will just continue to encourage one another and pray for one another in the good, the bad, and the ugly! :)
With 2 showers a day, there won't be much ugly over there!
love ya!
Fran
Post a Comment