Oh no, not another one!!

I am now officially old. How, you might ask do I know? It's really quite simple. My second born child, Sammie got her driver's license today. Can you say, "Oh no, not another one?"
There's part of me that celebrates with her. After all this is quite an achievement. I remember the day I got my driver's license. It's one of those milestones in a young person's life.
Yet, there's another part of me that's mourning just a bit. . . . mourning the passage of time. I know I've been doing a lot of this lately. But just where did all the time go? I certainly don't feel old enough to have two children with driver's licenses. But, here I sit with exactly that.
So, as I take a deep breath, I'm going to choose the former. I'm going to celebrate. Life marches on (get the band reference here?) whether I want it to or not. Why not just enjoy the journey?
As for Sammie? Well, she' tickled pink. And although I don't have quite her enthusiasm I am going to enjoy sleeping in late tomorrow morning as she drives her brother and herself to school.
Hum. . on second thought this second driver thing may not be such a bad idea after all.

6 comments:
Congrats Prof! I can't imagine how it will feel, I am just now digging the fact that I don't have to cart all of the kids everywhere I go since the big boy can babysit! I can't imagine what it will be like to hand him the keys and....yikes, I don't even want to THINK about it!
Anyway, YAY for Sammie...she is beautiful by the way! I'll email you later and get the info for the hotel in San Antonio...I haven't forgot about that, just haven't made it a huge priority! Have an amazing day!
<3-Rev
congrats - my youngest just had a birthday as well. she is not driving a car, just deiving me crazy. she is constatnly tlaking and she is 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
beautiful girl!!!
love, Leigh
REJOICE!!! I think it's pretty cool....of course my oldest is 11!
I hope you have a great Wednesday.
Blessings Momma!!
Fran
She is so cute!! Time is flying and I wish I could grasp it in my hand but I cant.
You act all sad, but I know you moms secretly enjoy making us run all kinds of errands. :)
Cheryl,
Your daughter is very beautiful! My 16 year old can technically get her license at the end of this month. Driving in Northern Virginia is intense and so she, thankfully, is not in a big hurry. Thank the Lord for those moments when we know that when they can drive, we gain a little more freedom, too! She will be my 3rd one to drive and for me, at least, it does not get any easier-but I try to count it all JOY.
God bless,
Kathy
Post a Comment