Monday, July 2, 2007

Grateful Journal 7/1

I'm late in posting this entry. Our DSL as well as our home phone has been down. It's been really frustrating. The DSL would have short bursts of times when it would work. Then it would crash again. I didn't realize how dependent I've become on the computer. The phone, however, I think I could do without!! (y'all know I'm a bit phone phobic. . I just thought it was God's answer to my prayer. . tee hee).

Today (or yesterday at this point) I'm grateful for the following:
-sleeping in my own bed
-scripture, which continues to speak BIG TIME to me.
-my relationship with by hubby, Bill.
-listening to my Ipod.
-Dennis Jernigan's "I Surrender" (can't get enough of this album lately; it's really speaking to my heart)
-Chuck Busch--for calling the kids about the youth group meeting.
-Chinese food for dinner with the WHOLE family.
-Re-reading parts of Rob Bell's "Velvet Elvis."
-Watching "Alias" on late nigh/early morning tv.
-Payton sleeping on the end/foot of my bed.
-Memorial service for Bill's coworker and friend, Vicky Oxly.
-Sammie--holding Bill's hand all through the memorial service--she has such a "tender heart" for those people who are hurting.
-Bill's ability to be vulnerable in front of the kids (and me)
-Vicky's faith right up to the end of her life.
-The LORD's very real presence during the memorial service.
-The old/previous pastor's story about his childhood dog.
-Vicky's love for all animals.
-reading the LPM, TCM and AJ blogs
-brief moments of DSL connection so I could post comments on the LPM and TCM blogs
-Sammie's suggestion for traveling over the holiday to see my parents.

No comments: